Thursday, January 14, 2010

You Are the Music in Me


wow...coming across this RIGHT before all-state
it's so meant to be


"I believe in the power of music. I believe music transcends the barriers of race, religion, gender, language, age, and culture. I believe music has the power to inspire dreams and bring understanding to all people.

Everyday I can use my hands to play the viola is a blessing. Everyday I take what God has given me and learn to inspire others through my hard work. Whether I am practicing or performing, I always give my best effort and tolerate nothing else.

I am a martyr for music. No matter who the audience is, no matter what ranking they have garnered from this world, I step onto that stage before me and let them know who I am and why I deserve that stage. Their condemnation means nothing to me – I live to serve and please only one master – but their wisdom I heed.

If this gift is taken from me, I will not be bitter. My time will pass and others will soon fill the world with inspiration. Whether I play or not, music will exist in my heart and the hearts of those who continue to inspire.

Music is about the effort I put into it, not the sound that others hear and judge. I am a musician and this is my legacy."

-vivian liu

inspiring huh?
well this is my own creed

"when i'm in that auditioning room,
gone will be the nervousness, the indecision, and the doubt.
God's hand will weigh down my shaking shoulder
Turning that fleeting scratch into a tone
rich and vibrant, precise and liquid
Closing my eyes
I will choose to trust."

1 comment: