Monday, January 25, 2010

My Best Friend And Me


this was my reflections entry when i was in eighth grade...
it's about one of my best friends Faith MacDonald
and she's special to me because she was my first best friend.
She came over everyday and made me live life
she introduced me to God and shared her church with me.
we fought every other day and made up by the time the bus reached our stop
we climbed trees, scraped our knees, and all that good stuff
When she moved I was devastated
...because who else would be the one i could run to because of any problem no matter how futile?

she's in MA right now, her birthplace
but i hope she reads this one day....cuz we still are best friends♥

My Best Friend and Me

Around the bend a Frisbee flies,
While I sit in the park and think.
Mahogany wood forms the bench where I
Wait for my friend as I link,
Together all the events that flew
Through the week, day by day.
As I pick up my book and begin to read,
I spot her 'cross the bay.
Clothed in green with a pair of blue jeans,
I wave to her, brimming with cheer.
"Faith, I missed you so much when you moved,
But now you're finally here!"
We hug each other, hold on tight,
Think of the places we'll go.
Soar through air on a tire-swing chair.
Sing---one high voice, one low.
We swim in the pool all day and all night,
Never tire of tumbling about.
Faith and I eat mounds of ice cream.
We joke and let our laughs tumble out.
Any place fills with contentment and glee,
As long as my best friend is there with me.

-Rebecca Lam

1 comment:

  1. ohmygosh, that is so sweet. You were a really good writer for an eighth grader x))

    and it's so pure! aw, rebecca <3

    ReplyDelete