Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bounded

This is from my friend Penn's story...and I was really touched by this paragraph.
To me, I think it's seriously number two in my list of favorite quotes with my anne of green gables one (see post: For You).
soooo here goes..


"There is no such thing as "love at first sight". There is no such thing as "falling in love" or "falling out of love". There is such thing as being Bound and Unbound. There is such a thing as having Sighted and not having Sighted.
Actually, we are all Bound. We are all Bound to somebody out there, in this vast, overpopulated, overcrowded world - but for technical purposes, we will say that you are Bound once having Sighted, and Unbound when not having Sighted. Most of the time, being Bound brings happiness - we were meant to be! It is fate! The predetermined way of things! My love! My one and only true love! - but sometimes, in very rare cases, fate plays a cruel trick on us and we are Bound to the wrong person.

So? you question. So what? We don't have to stay with them? Right? It's just fate.

Right. You don't HAVE to. You can mingle with others who are Unbound, or with others who are unhappy with their match; those who scoff at the thought of fate; those who do not listen to their hearts, but their selfish, shallow minds; those like yourself.

But there will always be that deep pain inside you, a longing that gnaws at your inner being if it hasn't already plagued your heart once you have Sighted the one you are Bound to. You can't ignore this feeling, hide it away, or push it to the back of your mind, even if you are with one you are not Bound to, even if you can ignore the one you are Bound to. You will never be able to get rid of them completely, they will be like a constant alarm you can't turn off. Bounded. Bounded. Bounded, your heart will say, panging with hurt with every beat. You are Bounded. Where is your Bound one?, it will follow you and question like a guilty conscience. Bounded. Where is your Bound one?

I knew I was Bound from the moment I saw her wide brown eyes from across the loud, dark room - I had Sighted. But I would've given anything to turn back time and not Sight her at all."

No comments:

Post a Comment