Saturday, August 7, 2010

There's a reason why my blog is called...aqua.

There's a reason why my blog is called
aqua. jambalaya. summer. me♥

Aqua, turquoise, mint, it doesn't matter. The perfect combination of white, blue, and green can sometimes simply take my breath away.
The sound of aqua just reminds you of the Gulf coast. No, none of those salty brown waterside beaches along the Atlantic Ocean, but the clear blue waters of the Gulf side.

That my friends, is aqua.

aquamarine. mermaids. A world of sea blue that is salty and sweet all at the same time.
Can you not feel it?

But beneath the surface, aqua is so much deeper than that. It's playful on the top but dark and brooding below the waves. You never know what you're going to find.

If anything, when I'm feeling too much of any other color, I can come back to this one and feel at home, like I don't have to change myself in order to fit with the assumptions behind other colors.
With pink, I feel giddy, but one has to eventually get serious.
With red, I feel bold and daring, yet you have no idea how much of a chicken I am.
With white, I feel pure, and yet that's a lie because I'm the worst sinner..I'm dirty.
With Yellow, I feel the Georgia blaze across my face but winter always quells the sun.
With Orange...let's face it..no one feels anything with the color orange.
With Green..I'm at the peak of my environmentalism, never wasting anything,then there's reality
With Blue...straight up blue that is--its the night, not black..and the night swallows you up then spits you back out just in time to wake up from the dream.
With purple...I feel on top of the world, arrogant...and then I am humbled.
With Brown....I am stagnant, lazy, a potato colored rebecca..yet I have to move to live right?
With Black...I think of eyes..is that weird? My eyes are not brown, they are black and they are the windows to myself..but does anyone really know his or her self? If not, then why don't we all just stare wide eyed into our mirrors? It's too puzzling to be comfortable.


With aqua--I imagine heaven too to be that color. A heavenly northern lights of varying shades of aqua rippling as the angels sing.

sky and ocean. the first two things of God's creation---all cradled within this one seemingly simple and ordinary color. Remember it well.
A-Q-U-A

1 comment: