Friday, May 28, 2010

♥♥♥

wow..okay now

in blatant contrast to my latest post
i am going to talk about marriage

yes..that happy ever after, storybook ending, fairy tales coming true
in case you didn't notice..that last sentence was the first line of lyrics for Carrie Underwood's song Ever Ever After...not surprisingly made for Enchanted

but i just got back from a wedding
it was beautiful and I fell in love
yes--me, rebecca fell in love
me who's never had a relationship or any sort of that stuff
in ♥♥♥♥♥♥ head over heels...i'm going to spend the rest of my life kind of stuff





















i fell in love with shrimp grits


LOOOLOLOLOL did i get you? :D
if i did, please leave a comment and tell me ^^


yes..shrimp grits are great and all and i know i'm a gourmand
but i mainly talked about it to grab your attention
WOOOOO~~ i got the hook! haha

back to the wedding

it was beautiful---one of the best i've been to
not beacause of the white flowers caressing the air, the gorgeous dresses, or the song sung during the benediction

it was the sense of family, the security of love that so obviously flowed between Emily and Chris.
It wasn't a gaudy love, wasn't showy or understated
they were both absolutely certain of their choice and one in God
their families came up during the ceremony as two families became one--
needless to say, the sense of union was incredible.

Maybe it's a sign
i felt so cynical today after looking at all of those pics of star breakups and just sad that marriage could end so easily
However, this wedding turned me around and said, "no. What you've been viewing is the media Hollywood version, the fake one. Now turn to me and witness what true love is."

I really can't wait until my wedding
I already have the songs chosen, the food and how to serve it, who to invite
all i'm missing is the groom ;]
haha jkjk

All you girls will definitely be my bridesmaids---or I'll be yours
as we grow up--all of us, one by one, will become bound to another

it's simply beautiful

I saw my mom and dad hold hands as the newlyweds took their vows
I saw they swaying on the dance floor
I think that if more married couples went to weddings then there would be less divorces, because those couples would be reminded not of the bad times, but of the good times. They would remember promising to be caring in sickness, considerate in good times or bad, and loving forever.
Personally--i was reminded of my marriage with God in that I am going to love him forever.

Thank you Lord for giving me back that hope that marriage can work out okay after all, especially since I was feeling so downcast today about marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment