Saturday, March 6, 2010

F is not for Friends

today..i got sleep
for the first time in a REALLY reeaallly long time
and it felt good.

to be able to sleep during the day is such a luxury.

to be able to talk with my family around the table instead of the tv is a blessing

to be able to bake, inhaling those blissful aromas is heaven..lol..

i can't believe that we fell into the same rut that so many families fall into,
grabbing a bowl and plopping oneself in front of the computer or tv
family means so much more than that

"OWWW!" wendy is sitting there grinning wickedly
with that culprit of a toothpick in her hand, saying
"oops, I missed the cantaloupe" (hehehe)
(three minutes later)

"OWWWWWW!!!" rebecca is standing there grinning wickedly
with that same culprit of a toothpick in her hand, saying
"oops, I missed the cantaloupe" (hehehe)

difference?
the second time occurs six feet away from where the cantaloupe bowl is

wendy snatches up toothpick
rebecca runs and cowers in laundry room

(exit scene)


that is what family is supposed to be like
not poking one another with toothpicks of course x]
but being a unit of love
singular and integrated
meshing together to form this one gooey batch of debates, teasing, and hugs
iced off with unconditional love

if my dad is standing in my doorway and looking at me with a stern austere face
i know that it's not because i did something wrong
its not because i got an F
its not because my room is messy (actually..nvm this reason is quite possible)
its because i forgot to give him a kiss when he came home

to sit on my parents' laps, to give them bear hugs and kisses
to waltz with my mom in the kitchen
its so natural
because that's how family is to me

so this is just a post for them
because before i had friends
before i started edging out of the nest
they were always there

i love my family♥

No comments:

Post a Comment