Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Eavesdropping

Sometimes I feel like I learn more from listening to my parents talk in the kitchen than from any textbook.

Topics From Tonight
- other parent's divorces
- the money you make from owning a Popeye's
- what an ironman competition is
- a wealthy man walks into a hotel and lays $100 on the counter
says, "I want to check into a room, but I want to check them out first"
About this time, everyone is in debt, so the hotel manager runs the 100 down to the pig farmer who he owed for meat.
the pig farmer ran it to the grocer he owed
the grocer ran it to the local prostitute he owed
the prostitute ran it back to the hotel manager cuz she'd been staying in the hotel for free.
The wealthy man comes back down and says, "i don't like the rooms" and takes back the 100.
Everyone's debt had been payed and no one gained any money!
...just like the American economy.

2 comments:

  1. this is how i learned taiyu/taiwanese dialect. eavesdropping.

    my sister never caught on.

    love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, economics. makes absolutely zero sense.

    ReplyDelete