Sunday, January 11, 2015

Winter Doings

A Few Winter Activities

  • counseled for Winter Retreat with Byron Shaffner, the greatest prayer warrior and retreat speaker I have ever had in my life
  • saw my best friend graduate early from UGA
  • went to Augusta for New Years to feel Southern again
  • dropped 媽媽 off at work like she was going to school
  • started a comic of Ordinary Things with Jessie using my new computer sketchpad
  • got to have great talks up and down from retreat with Jessie, Monique, and Jaime about life, struggles, and changes
  • staying up multiple nights til 4am playing Settlers of Catan with the family
  • had ridiculous laughs playing Time's Up with mom's side of the family
  • reunited with the Chattahoochee girls for the first time in two years
  • started a Disney puzzle but never finished :(
  • made my family hate me in Settlers of Catan
  • missed the New Years countdown by a few minutes again but that's okay because we had sparkling cider
Coming back home to these people made me think so much of what friendship means. There wasn't a single time where it was awkward or I had to search for things to say, but it was a cauldron of stories, memories, reforging each friendship so that it grows stronger and stronger. Family came first this break and to be able to move closer to each of them, it was such a treat.

My small group girls! 

Class of 2015 girl counselors

This awesome lady graduating

Christmas with dad's side

Christmas on mom's side

Family portrait (look how tall I am! hehe)

2015 here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment