Friday, March 30, 2012

Home


"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. 14People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

[Hebrews 11:13-16]


just made me think about how much I extol Georgia. I talk about it and boast about it, and sometimes in a way idolize it as the place where I grew up, my home, my love. But it might not be as good to cling to it completely, because I know of a MUCH better place that I can boast about even more so. God, you are good by giving me my great home in Atlanta, but I am going to come home to you even more so. Just knowing my feelings of returning home this summer, how much more can they be magnified when I return to your arms as your daughter?

No comments:

Post a Comment