Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cards


I absolutely love cards..believe it or not
I keep almost every single one of them that i've received..and even if they just say merry christmas, love so and so, they picked out that card specially for me and took the time to actually write one.

But, the ones that are the most special year after year aren't the ones that have fancy glitter or little pop-up figures or those crackmeup sayings (though some are quite funny :])
They can be only a sheet of notebook paper, on plain typed up black and white printer paper, or maybe this tiny post it note ripped in half.

I was looking through these cards the other day...hundreds of sentences, thousands of words, and millions of letters, all spent on me! haha..don't I feel special :]

But there's so much difference a card can make. The best kinds of cards sometimes don't even have to say good stuff, they can talk about the bad stuff too. It's not just handing out obligatory compliments or giving random quotes. It can say, "I'm using this font because it comes from Batman cartoons" (gee..i wonder who this card was from LOLOL)
or there can be a drawing that touches your heart..because 1) you could never do that 2) you KNOW it took that person forever.

And then, the greatest part of all..the WORDS!♥♥♥
oh my goodness...i cannot tell you how much those words envelope me when i read them, the sentences that read completely sincere..dang..they just ring in my head.
And I love how each one reminds me of exactly the moment when it was given to me.
Honestly, I'm getting excited just writing about it haha ;]

Sometimes when I write cards too, I can tell people so much more than i can in real life. Sometimes, I just don't take the time to tell people the things I do in cards.
Sometimes, I'm just too shy to tell people stuff in real life.
Sometimes, maybe I just want to let them have an everlasting memory of me

Anyways, just wanted to put this out there as a tribute to cards, cuz I know for me, they brighten up my day by like 18 degrees celcius
and when this cardgiver isn't there with me...
I can look back, and all the feelings, memories, and thoughts I have of that person just come rushing back like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment